Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Parker

I have a special friend named Parker.

My husband and I first met Parker at Sunday School.  She is smart, she is shy...and like other little girls, Parker loves to turn cartwheels and flips!

When I write this blog, really I'm writing to adults, right?  I am asking you to give of yourselves, to give up a coke and be a $1/day sponsor or to give up that one meal out a month and sponsor a child with $40/month...  Even to dig deep and give of your time and talents.....

But what about asking a child to give up something.

Just guessing that most kids wouldn't want to give up all the birthday gifts on their 7th birthday.  But that's exactly what Parker did.




She was happy to give up her birthday gifts so she could donate the money to children in the Philippines.  Kids she has never met.  Kids that are so far away that her mind doesn't even understand the length and space between.

Wow!  What a blessing it is to say I have a special friend named Parker!

No comments: