Monday, March 5, 2012

Sweet Face

At the elementary school where I serve we have a teacher who teaches her class the "sweet face". 

This is specifically for when the children are lining up to change classes or other times when walking or waiting in the hallways and are expected to be quiet.  The children hold their "shush" finger over their lips and silently face forward looking to the teacher.


For a teacher this is indeed a "sweet face".

I am confident, to God it would be a precious sight as well.

Me quiet.
I so desperately want to hear Him, why am I still talking?


Me listening for His instructions.
I so desperately need His instruction, why do I allow so much noise to crowd it out?


Me focused on Him.
I so desperately want to see Him moving in my life, my home, my world; why do I let insignificant, miniscule things, even important things distract me?

I am praying that today my face will be a "sweet face".

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: