Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Mission, Coming to an end...

A final report from Mitch.  Bear in mind that he is approximately 12 hours ahead of us. 

Well, my time is running down here in the Philippines. Today is my last full day and will be spent in a celebration at Wesley Home with our kids.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we visited another area of Liloan, where Pastor Jerusalem has a local church. We had worship with about 100 filipinos and it was great. Then we all shared in a meal togethr, provided by Wesley. The fellowship time was very good too. Later in the afternoon, we returned to Wesley Home for our staff meeting. This is a great time of conversation, hope, dreams and discussion. It is really a support session for the staff and I really enjoy being in their presence. We discussed many needs for Wesley and made plans for improvements.


Last night, I went out for dinner (Chinese) and to a movie.  We visited Arnell's office and spent some time in the mall. I guess I spent time being a typical tourist.


Today (Wednesday) I spent time with Arnell's family. The baby, named Andrew, is beautiful. He weighs only 6 pounds and has a bunch of black hair. He is so cute and doing very well. Jo is doing well also. They are a very happy family. I have packed my bags and prepared for my departure. I will spend the today at Wesley Home, saying goodbye to the kids. It is a sad day - to leave - but I am really looking forward to coming home and seeing my family. It was good to visit a little while this morning with the Rescue Ministries Board, via internet.
Please continue to pray for Wesley Home and our students.


Mitch

No comments: