Monday, November 15, 2010

Faith

Why does our human nature need to see, touch, smell, taste, hear in order to believe?

On Saturday night I had the privilege to be in the worship service with Good News Church (the international church skyped between us and the Wesley Home in the town of Liloan, Philippines).  It was so moving to see the children in live action, singing and worshipping God IN REAL LIFE!  Since I haven't returned to the Philippines since WHY opened I have yet to meet them in person.  I have written about, seen pictures of, heard stories of these children for one year.  Seeing them in real life brought me to tears. 

While I watched and listened to them singing songs, reciting memory verses and giving their interpretations of those verses my mind wandered to where they were only months ago (for some a few weeks).  Living in the trash dump, being used inappropriately to put food in the bellies of their families, not knowing the one true and living God exists and they can know Him personally.

I think sometimes that we, in this rich country, are at a disadvatage because we have too much, we know too much.  I pray that we can again have child-like faith and trust our God to do just as He promises -- supply our needs.

Thankful, Sheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test a