Thursday, November 18, 2010

Take time for a visit

I have several blogs that I follow almost daily linked to this one.  Today one of my regular blogs The Stay-at-Home Missionary lead me to one of her favorites, A Holy Experience

I have been secretly dreading Christmas this year.  Although it is fun for my children, Christmas has really lost its meaning in so many aspects.  We get away from celebrating Jesus or celebrate Him so we can hurry on to celebrating how much we "get".  At our house we try to limit how much our children receive in an effort to keep them humble, but still we are all just not getting it.  Its not how it should be!

In NEED of shelter and someone to take care of them


When I clicked on A Holy Experience, it was the right idea.  The perfect way to celebrate Christmas - giving to the least of these.  They don't have any wrapped gifts under their tree.  They give to people who truly NEED something.


NEED shelter


NEED food

How many times have you shopped for "the person who has everything"?  Every year we do this for people in our families, just to have something to give.  Blech, blech and more blech I say!

I hope you will take time to visit A Holy Experience and think radically about celebrating Christmas this year!  It is not too late!  It takes so little to sponsor a child at Wesley Home for Youth.  Consider your gifts.  What will you give to Jesus for His birthday?

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: