Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's time to put your blinders on kids!

How many times have you had a conversation with a friend that sounded similar to this?

Let's have lunch!

I'd love to do lunch.... when?

Ok check your calendar and I'll check mine.  I'll call you this week.....

Did you ever really call the friend back?  Did your possible lunch date fall through the cracks?

It's so easy with our schedules these days to let things get in the way of our relationships with friends, relatives, spouses, children.......and God.  
It's time to put the blinders on!
If we take our focus off our Lord and Saviour we start getting ahead of God, we lose sight of our purpose in ministry, we stop attending church and feeding our souls with His word, we stop listening for Him to speak to us.
It's time to put the blinders on!
There's a hymn called "Like A River Glorious"....the chorus has always stuck with me......
Stayed upon Jehovah
Hearts are fully blessed
Finding as He promised
Perfect peace and rest.

If we will put our blinders on and "stay ourselves upon Jehovah" He promises us perfect peace and rest.  I don't know about you, but when I am in constant prayer, study and focus mode EVERYTHING in my life is better.
It's time to put the blinders on!
Thankful, Sheryl



No comments: