Thursday, April 1, 2010

My kids are.....

What are your kids like?

Prostitute
Beggar
Dirty
High
Alone
Hungry
Deaf
Rotten teeth
Dropout
Chained
Outcast

Maybe you wouldn't describe your children this way...but when people ask me about the children in the orphange this is exactly how I would describe "my" children. I feel like in a very small way God has brought these children to "me".

I would imagine also that this is precisely how God would describe His children. I fit many of these descriptions when I gave my life to God. I was a prostitute because I gave my body away trying to fill a need....not make it God's temple. I was chained because I allowed my past to hinder my future. I had rotten teeth because my mouth didn't speak of God's love. I was constantly alone although surrounded by people. How about you?

People, it's time to give back. We have SO much, we take SO much for granted! God has cleaned us up, fed our hungry souls and put His tender arms around our broken selves. If I don't keep focused on God it is SO easy to lose sight of His love for me, His will for my life and His beautiful face full of grace.

We still have a child who does not have a committed sponsor....maybe that child is waiting for you to give up something for them.

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: