Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sponsors!

We are still in need of sponsors for the children at Wesley Home.....If you are not already involved with The Rescue Ministries financially I hope you will consider joining our efforts.  Small amounts become large sums when we work together. 

I know that times are tough financially in our country, in our communities.....but we have so much....we are blessed even in the times of struggle. Consider joining with your Sunday School class, small group, a group of friends, a group of co-workers. If you have 4 friends, each giving $2 per week = $32 each month. That money could feed a child for an entire month!

This is the home of my friend Juvylyn.  She is a young girl living with her family in the dumpsite.  No covering for a door, dirt floors, no beds. 



Juvylyn is a beautiful girl, but it is seldom that you see her with a smile on her face and she rarely makes eye contact.  She has SO LITTLE self confidence, self-worth that she covers her face if she smiles even just a little.  Juvylyn touched my heart when she listened and watched as I gave my own broken testimony.  I believe she found it hard to understand an American having any type of struggles.  Philipinos believe we are perfect people with perfect lives.  I want them to know that we are imperfect people with a perfect God.

Consider children like Juvylyn, and others whose names are known only to our Father.  Take a chance, reach out to those around the world.....They may be far away, but their pain is real and they need to know the love of God.

Matthew 25:40

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: