Monday, May 31, 2010

Life and stuff and a couple of updates

I apologize that it's been such a long time since I have made a post.  Life has been interfering.  But that's ok with me.  I would rather have a busy family full of life than to be alone in this crazy world.

During the past couple of day my friends and I have been reminiscing about our trip last summer to the Philippines.  My heart hurts that I can''t go again this summer but am excited to have such warm, fond memories of bonding with my mission team and the Filipinos I came to know.  I am also excited about God's purpose for my summer weeks.  I get to teach my children about everyday give and take, about respect, love and forgiveness.  I believe God also wants me to slow down a little and enjoy my children, they are growing up so quickly. 

As I reflect a little today and prepare for a fresh start with June I am praying that God will help me be disciplined.  I am aiming at keeping Him first in focus, falling more in love with my Savior and enjoying quiet time with Him each day.  It truly makes a difference in my life, my attitude, my level of patience with my children and my desire to reach out to others needing encouragement.

I also want to remind you about JolleyJolley is still in need of committed monthly sponsors.  Please consider sponsoring a child, start this month!  We need your support.

We are about half way to our $5,000 goal to fund the building for director's living quarters.  We have a donor who is willing to match dollar for dollar all donations up to $1,000.

Get involved today!


No comments: