Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trash

I recently had an interesting conversation with my daughter about music. 

She was curious why I only listen to Christian music.  She asked why I don't like country or pop....  I explained to her that I grew up listening to pop music in the 80's and 90's and also listened to country in high school and beyond.  But one day it occurred to me what I was putting into my mind.....trash.  Trash about cheating, hot girls, bars, girls getting pregnant and running off with their boyfriends, drugs, it goes on and on.  Maybe I didn't pay that much attention to it when I was younger, but now I just cringe when I hear some of the lyrics to today's pop music. 


Trash goes in, trash comes out!

I now only listen to Christian music because I need all the encouragement and focus on God that I can get!  My sinful nature has to be so crowded out by the good stuff.  My children need this as well.  It is my desire and my duty as a Christian parent to train their minds and  train their habits.  God give me strenth because I know I can't do it on my own!

Proverbs 22:6
6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

1 comment:

Children of Cebu Ministry said...

you are such an awesome mom. I am so thankful that you model to our children the type of christian adult that they should become. We all have our areas of growth; but I am glad that you are teaching our kids solid Christian values.