Thursday, February 10, 2011

Listening

Are you a listener or a talker?  How do you get to be the perfect balance? 

I want to be that person.  I want to be ready to listen to the broken hearted spew out grief and anger and then let the elegant words that would comfort and encourage them flow freely from my soul.  I want to have the words of life to give to others.  But I don't.  I am still a broken woman learning to follow hard after Jesus.  I sometimes get ahead or behind, I want to be in step and in sync with the Father.  I want to listen for HIS voice.

Although it is not easy I am learning and trying to be disciplined in listening.  It is often easier to just say something and make the hard stuff go away.    Today when God sends "that person" into your path, I pray you will be a listener.  We all just want to be heard.  Even when we aren't necessarily agreeing or understanding the situation they are coming from....let's listen. 

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: