Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Praying for Purpose

If my life had no purpose, I would have no life.  Of this I am sure.  I want to know my purpose. 


Daily.  Because although I believe we have a life purpose I believe also that we have a daily purpose.  Each day God wants to use us.  He works ALL things together.  The blah days, the scary days, the sad days, the really happy days, the productive days and the lazy days.  He works it ALL together according to His purpose.  He is in every detail.

I am praying about a long term change that will affect my children, my husband and myself GREATLY.  In lots of ways.  Things keep coming into my mind....Will this change serve its purpose?  Can I handle this big change and the ways my life will change?  How will my children become better because of it?  Will they rebel against it?  Is the Lord using this change to prepare me for purpose?  We will be ok financially?  

But as I'm typing this I already in my heart know the answers to each of those questions and the questions to come.  God will take care of us, He is with us through every change.
Jeremiah 10:23-24
LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.
Discipline me, LORD, but only in due measure— not in your anger, or you will reduce me to nothing.

Jeremiah 29:10-14
This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD....

Maybe you're facing an upcoming change.  Take heart, God's got your back!  :)  He has a purpose.  Seek Him and you will find Him.  Call on Him and He will listen.

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: