Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Looking Back (post 1)

As time moves forward, we are forced to move with it.  Our bodies get tired, our faces wrinkle and our age (number) increases.  Nevertheless, we remember, we look back.

When I think back to the summer of 2009, it doesn't "sound" like that far back.  But it is amazing, truly remarkable....how far God has brought us.

During the planning stages of our 2009 trip, every mission meeting the itinerary changed from the prior meeting.  Literally.  And when I say changed, I mean changed.  Revamped, didn't even resemble, completely threw out the old and created anew.  As a "planner", this was difficult for me. 

But the funny thing, the biggest blessing when I'm looking back is that even after the final meeting, as we boarded separate flights, the 12 of us had no idea what we were going to be a part of during that trip.  Even my husband, the dreamer couldn't have imagined that he would come home having secured a place to become Wesley Home for Youth.  

But in my recollections....one of the things that points me back to my Savior is that during that period of time Ephesians 3:20 was in my head EVERY day.  

Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


I committed it to memory after my sister reminded of these precious words.  Due to some things that were happening in my life I was clinging moment by moment to that verse.  Claiming it.  Believing it.  I had no idea why God hit me over the head with that particular verse, but it would soon come to life more than I could have dreamed.


To be continued....

Sheryl

No comments: