Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Will you go?

There is nothing like standing on top of "Trash Mountain" and seeing nothing but trash in front, to the left, to the right, behind, underneath you.....and children running barefoot through it as if they were in a meadow of clover.



There is nothing like feeling a child's dirty little hand grab yours as they show you where they play.


There is nothing like seeing a boy feed his sister when he is just as hungry as she.


There is nothing like feeling God using you to lead a child who has never heard the Gospel of Christ.


A picture is worth a thousand words....


But what is a personal experience worth?








Will you go?


I am proud, thankful, humbled, overwhelmed and blessed to say these are my feet.  God lead me to a man I never thought I was worthy to marry.  God gave me an opportunity to serve in missions and the man He gave me encouraged it.  God prepared my heart to go and see and touch and do.  God provided the funds when they were questionable.  God is big enough.  If it is His will for you to serve in missions, it is possible, but you must be willing.

Sometimes it is a little scary to pray God's will, because He may just tell you something you don't want to hear, to go somewhere you are scared to go, to do something you aren't sure you can do....But He will lead you and prepare you to do His will.

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: