Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Darkness

Darkness surrounds us like a dense fog.  The local news, the world news, cancer, drug addiction, life.....It is easy to begin believing Satan's lies. 
You can't do it.
You're a failure!
Who are you kidding, do you really think you can be a ____?
You'll never make it!
What about _______?
You are on the wrong path.
Is this really what God wants?

Satan's darkness adds confusion to our stressful lives, minds and hearts.  He feasts on our insecurities and kicks us when we are down, convincing us we are complete and total failures.  And possibly we truly are failures in the eyes of the world....

But the people the world sees as failures, inadequate, less than capable are the people that God wants to use!  How exciting for those of us who aren't perfect....wait that would be all of us!  He wants to prove that He can take imperfection, challenging situations and mistake ridden lives and use them for His glory.

Since August my family has experienced sickness, stress, loneliness, confusion and SOOO much change.  I have felt completely beat up by life and the world around me.  Can you relate?

It's as though I am stuck in the mud and can't move forward.  People around me are moving forward, the ministry is growing and great things are happening.  So why not me?  Although in my head I know God's promises still remain, sometimes I feel like my arms aren't long enough to reach them.  The more I search God's word and spend time with Jesus, Satan's voice will be squelched!

Join me today on the journey out of the pit of despair as we turn toward Jesus, raise up on our tippy toes and reach to Him.

Still thankful, Sheryl

I would love for you to leave a scripture of encouragement or inspiration under comments if you choose.

1 comment:

Children of Cebu Ministry said...

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (New International Version)

8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.