Monday, October 25, 2010

Obedience

Obedience is not a virtue my children often display.  We are continuously re-introducing this task to help them understand what is expected of them.  They sometimes have selective hearing problems and claim this was the problem and not their disobedience...."But Mama!  I didn't know you wanted me to pick up my toys!"

As children of God are we guilty of the same? Not intentionally disobeying, but having selective hearing when God speaks.  Thinking that we can pick and choose what parts of the Bible we want to apply to our lives and ignoring the other parts.  One word I think some Christians want to ignore is a small word that even a Kindergarten student can read. 


Go.
Why is this word so scary for us?  This tiny little word causes us to give up control, it may cause us to question God -- Where? When? Who me?  We want to be ignorant of this word, this command that God clearly gives.

Mark 16:15

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.


Genesis 12:1

The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. "


Matthew 28:19

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Today I am actually...thankful that my children are at times disobedient....It helps me understand how frustrating I am to God when I disobey Him and that makes me want to obey Him even more!
A once heard a wise man say "Doing God's work is not a hobby.  It is necessary, it is what God tells us to do -- all of us."

1 comment:

Children of Cebu Ministry said...

I love your posts! I love your heart for God and your desire to Go and follow Him where-ever he leads. thanks for sharing your heart with us.

Dustin