Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Selfishness

Recently I have been struggling with a mind full of to do lists and overwhelmingly busy weeks.  I have craved "me" time.  So I sit down to my Bible study this morning and guess what it's about - taking time for others, serving, encouraging others, going the extra mile. 

Wow. 

I think "How much more can I give?"

But God breaks my heart in these moments.  There will always be something that needs to be done, laundry to fold, grass to mow, trash to take off, things out of place, walls crying out for paint - ok maybe that one is just me....

But my children won't always want me to wipe their hineys and sugar their hurt pinkies and tell them how thankful I am that they helped their little brother.  My husband won't always need his clothes ironed or for me to find his Bible again.

I am praying today that I can look around and see that God wants me to not only serve others but to serve my family as well.  They are too easily overlooked at times.  Jesus wants me to be joyful in service not only in the world but in my very own home.

Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: