Monday, October 10, 2011

Think, Say, Do - Part 2

We were not created by God to just take up space and consume resources.  We were ALL created for a divine purpose.  That doesn't mean we have a promise of ease,  comfort, convenience and wealth.  But we still have a purpose and there is work to be done.


Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37-38


A popular term in ministry (that I've selfishly used myself) is "burn out".  We tend to feel tired, worn down, overwhelmed with responsibility, wanting to take time for ourselves and so we just stop.  We give up.  We lay down.

I don't want to be that person.  I don't want to give up on the people who need hope, a warm meal, a tender smile, my time, a helping hand, a listening ear.....the list goes on and on.  Nor does God want me to be that person. 

God doesn't need me to serve Him, He WANTS me to serve Him!  He WANTS me to fulfill my purpose.  No matter if that purpose is leading a small group, opening a soup kitchen or cleaning toilets to fund an orphanage half way around the world.


Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Col. 3:22-24


Each morning when I drop my tween daughter off at school, as she is getting out of the car, I say "Make good choices today."  Lately I've been thinking to myself about the example I set for her.  What about my choices....Will I choose to be lazy, too busy, blind or deaf when there's a need?  What type of person will I choose to be?

To be continued......




Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: