Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 10, from Colleen

Well, this morning I finished putting together the folder & CD’s with worship songs for the kids here at WHY. I truly believe that our worship has the power to change the atmosphere and help us enjoy the presence of the Lord, and I pray that the kids will learn how to use their worship in this way. We tried contacting someone from a local ministry today to see if they knew of anyone who could come once a week to give guitar lessons, but we kept experiencing technical difficulties – a.k.a cell phone problems. Either their phone was out of the area or turned off completely. Really frustrating! Pray that we will get to speak to someone on Sunday.


The afternoon and most of the evening was spent shopping –uugh! I’m not the type of person who likes spending hours at the mall, especially when I don’t know where things are. You have to understand that the malls here are gianormous! The mall we were at has 4 levels, so sometimes finding the store or place your looking for is a pain in the patootie. The only thing that kept me motivated was knowing that we were shopping for the kids. Our mission was to get some casual outfits and shoes for the kids who will be coming to WHY (Wesley Home for Youth) soon. The tricky part was that we didn’t know any of their sizes, and we had to use the guessing method. I hope their clothes fit.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. We are taking the kids on an outing to go “island hopping” We stocked up on food tonight for the trip, and we are set to get up bright and early in the morning. I am definitely ready to get in the water and get some relief from the heat. Can’t wait!

No comments: