Sunday, July 4, 2010

God Bless America

Ok, so I'm not really a patriotic person.  Although I know the words to America the Beautiful that doesn't really count it just means I can remember lyrics pretty well.  I don't purposely disrespect veterans or the American flag, but I don't worship them either.  Don't get me wrong I love the freedoms of this country, I love that God allowed me to be born into a free family that attended a Christian church and am very thankful for the men and women who fought for those freedoms. 


But I am more thankful for the God who created this country.  The leaders of our country change and the values of our country continue to degrade and erode but God remains the same.  He is the one I worship and am most thankful for the freedom HE provides.  The soil I put my feet on may change, but my God will never change. 


So today I say God bless America, and may God bless the Philippines, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Malta, Africa, Sri Lanka, China, India, and all other nations.  He loves us all the same!


Thankful, Sheryl

No comments: